Direct Phone: 512.610.9639
Direct Fax: 512.610.1131
Lori represents private companies and investors in a wide range of areas, including mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity investments, corporate governance, securities law compliance and disclosure, commercial contracts and general business issues. Lori works with clients in a variety of industries, including technology, energy, and life sciences.
Lori’s practice includes the following:
• Business sales and acquisitions (including stock sales, asset sales, and mergers);
• Venture-capital and private-equity, as well as individual, equity, and debt financing (both company- and investor-side);
• Entity formation, organization, and capital structure;
• Governance of corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and other business entities; and
• Various securities laws matters, including disclosure and filing requirements with respect to the matters above.
Prior to joining DMC in March 2014, Lori was a corporate attorney in the Austin offices of Vinson & Elkins, LLP, and Miller, Egan, Molter & Nelson, LLP.
Lori has been selected to the Texas Rising Stars list, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2018-2019.
Lori is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas and is a member of the American Bar Association and the State Bar of Texas. She received her J.D., with honors, from the University of Texas School of Law, where she was awarded an NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarship and Thomas C. Clark Fellows Scholarship and was a member of the Order of the Coif and the Texas International Law Journal. Lori received her B.A. in International Studies, summa cum laude, from Emory University, where she was an NCAA All-American, Woodruff Scholar, state finalist for the Rhodes Scholarship and member of Phi Beta Kappa.
In her free time, Lori enjoys spending time with her husband and her two children.